Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 416-8B no vent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member dbale's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2007
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    416-8B no vent

    I just wanna vent......

    Is this a factory oops or has it been incorrectly repaired?

    Brand New Original Altec Lansing 416 8B Speaker | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 416-8B no vent

    The pictures cannot lie.

    It is anything but what it is described to be.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    416-8B no vent


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 416-8B no vent

    Seller is an idiot or liar. take your pick.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416-8B no vent

    The cone and dust cap look new-ish. The dust cap could be for a 421. Maybe not the same vintage as the frame but still....

    Maybe I'm not getting into the swing of things here. I don't seem to be able to get angry at some shmuck that I don't know that is not trying to sell me anything personally. I looked and thought, "Well that's not for me" and hit the return button. How would you guys suggest that I react to things that don't affect me?

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    416-8B no vent


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 416-8B no vent

    421 has an aluminum cap. that has a paper cap. Could be from a newer unit like a 3156 but not a 421.

    Zelgall he wants a ripoff price, and the item is not as claimed. I do not think it's excusable. Had he qualified it with LOOKS LIKE NEW, maybe. But to blatantly claim an item as new when it is not is very bad business.

    BTW it will noticeably affect the speaker sound. for the worse. It may not even have an Altec cone in it.

    Maybe the world is changing, but all is not fair in the name of making a buck by my moral code.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416-8B no vent

    He lied. He`s a dick. That`s all she wrote.
    I had 421`s reconed with 416 kits When I lived in Vancouver BC. I forgot.
    He`s still a dick and we`re popularizing him by taking notice.
    The typical Altec buyer will have the knowledge to make the right decisions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.